Monday, August 9, 2010

Feeling refreshed!

For the first time in a long time, I am feeling relaxed (or at least I was, before I went in to Prodigal U today). Limiting Internet access to 1 hour a day greatly enhanced my vacation. I could handle important work mails (and not abandon my students), but blow off unimportant stuff. I didn't feel cut off, but I didn't feel too connected to work. And the weather in our vacation spot was great all week!

In my absence, I see the science blogging arena has blown up. I'll have to get around to fixing my blogroll sometime this week.

5 comments:

fey said...

"I'll have to get around to fixing my blogroll sometime this week." Yes that was a pain in the butt - I wanted to keep reading all of them but very annoying having to update my links!

Glad you have great vacation.

Unbalanced Reaction said...

I'm so glad that you found a happy balance between staying connected and cutting the cord!

GMP said...

Welcome back!

Female Computer Scientist said...

Glad you had a nice break, and welcome back!

prodigal academic said...

Thanks! I am finding that the less connected I am on vacation, the bigger the pile I need to dig through now that I am back. It was worth it, though.